Terms of Service with Heart of Hadrian's Wall Tourism Association
Membership is open to all bona-fide businesses within our area which have links to tourism who are interested in promoting the objects of the Network and have paid their subscriptions.
Accommodation providers within the network must be accredited by a recognised body, within the UK or received "grandfather" rights on the establishment of the Tourism Association.
Annual Membership fees are payable on or before the anniversary of joining the Association and apply to all members irrespective of when they joined the Association (unless waived or altered by Committee decision).
New members will be subject to the initial joining fee in force at that time.
Membership fees not paid by the due date will indicate that the member no longer wishes to be a member of the Association and their details will be removed from the membership database. If the member wishes to re-join they will be subject to the initial joining fee in force at that time.
The committee may review and propose amendments to the joining fee and / or the annual membership fee at the AGM.
The committee have the right to refuse and / or refund membership and edit web entries to ensure consistency.
The committee accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach us by any relevant closing dates in place.
The committee's decision in respect of these terms of service will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
About Recurring Subscriptions
You can cancel the recurring subscription at any time by logging into your PayPal account, Please note there are no refunds once the charge has been processed. please contact us by email, at least 48 hours, before the expiration of your subscription term and we'll do it for you.
To cancel your recurring Visa or MasterCard subscription payment, please contact us by email before the expiration of your subscription term and we will remove you from any future recurring billing.
Please notify us if you wish to cancel your PayPal or Credit Card recurring billing at least 48 hours before your next renewal date. Please note there are no refunds for recurring billing once the charge has been processed.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or device when you visit a website. Cookies are used by all websites, and have several different functions. At a basic level cookies will:
- Allow the site to work properly, and help keep it secure.
- Help us understand how people use the website.
- Make the site easier to use by remembering information that you've entered,
- Improve your experience by showing you information that's relevant to you.
The types of cookie
The cookies used on conformetrix.com are based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide for cookie categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website. They do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes or remembering where you've been on the Internet.
- Analytical/Performance cookies. They allow us to collect information about how you use our website, such as, how you move around our website and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you; all of the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve the way our website works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences and improve your visit.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are linked to services provided by third parties, such as "Like" and "Share" buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website.
The cookies we use?
You can find up to date information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below.
Generally, cookies which are strictly necessary for the operation of the website will expire when you leave the website. Other cookies may be more permanent or not expire unless you actively delete them.
||Heart of Hadrian's Wall
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
Changing your cookie settings
We recommend that you don't change your cookie settings, as we can't guarantee the performance of the site if you block some or all cookies.
All browsers provide tools that allow you to control how you handle cookies: accept, reject or delete them. These settings are normally accessed via the 'preferences' or 'options' menu of the browser you are using.
If you are unsure as to how to manage your cookies or require more information, we have provided the following links to the settings pages for the most commonly used web browsers:
Firefox internet settings
Chrome cookie settings
Opera cookie settings
Safari cookie settings
Internet Explorer cookie settings
Information about cookies
Useful information about cookies can be found at:
International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom
Information on the ICC (UK) UK cookie guide can be found on the ICC website section:
As The Heart of Hadrian's Wall Tourism Association, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is the chairperson.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.heartofhadrianswall.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by The Heart of Hadrian's Wall Tourism Association, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Details which you may submit by way of an application to join The Heart of Hadrian's Wall Tourism Association
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing member, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about The Heart of Hadrian's Wall Tourism Association.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our members. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.