Top Menu

enfrde

Heart of Hadrian's Wall

...a day is never long enough

St Cuthbert's Church, Greenhead

St Cuthbert's Church, Greenhead

Location

Northumberland
CA8 7HD

St Cuthbert’s Church was built as a Chapel of Ease in 1827 to 1828 during the incumbency of the Rev N J Hollingsworth. It is thanks to his passion and enthusiasm that the chapel was built. A chapel of ease is a church building other than the main church (the parish church) of a parish. It is built to make the Church more available to parishoners who live in outlying villages. They are often associated with large manor houses, providing a convenient place of worship for the lord of the manor and his staff.Sunday, 11.00 am Sung Eucharist

Map

Swap Start/End