There was probably a wooden Saxon Church dating from the 7th century. The original stone one was erected on the present site by the Umfravilles, Lords of Prudhoe and “keepers of Redesdale”; It was consecrated in 1900. The north chancel wall and the chancel arch date from the medieval period. The church was restored in 1884.
OS Ref. NY 878 780