An up and coming family-run animal collection in the heart of Northumberland. The park currently has 17 acres for visitors to explore with over 50 species of animals to see.
The zoo has a great reputation for animal care, and for education, and the main aim of Northumberland Country Zoo's education programme is to inform visitors of wildlife conservation and promote sustainable lifestyles through practical learning.
There are animals from all categories, including animals on the threatened and vulnerable lists:
- Mammals, including Asian short-clawed otters, and parma wallabies
- Farm animals, including miniature donkeys, and Fudge the Clydesdale Horse
- Birds, including Laughing kookaburras, and Eagle owls
- Amphibians, including Argentine horned frogs, and White's tree frogs
- Reptiles and Fish, including crested geckos, and false map turtles
- Invertebrates, including Chilean Rose tarantulas, and Madagascan hissing cockroaches